The inaugural Mohican Endurance Festival is this Sunday, June 22 and features a Mini, Sprint, Olympic & Half distance triathlon and duathlon. All events will start and finish at the beautiful Mohican Lodge & Conference Center in Perrysville, Ohio.
Triathletes will start & finish their swim from the private beach at the Lodge while duathletes will be enjoying an opening run on Lodge roads. Following the opening swim or run participants will take on bike courses that feature the challenging terrain surrounding the Lodge and Mohican State Forest. Participants will finish their epic event with a daunting run along the infamous Mohican Trail alongside the Mohican River featuring breathtaking views of the Mohican State Forest and surrounding areas.
We look forward to having you in this exciting event.
aka HFP Man
Online registration closes on Thursday, June 20th at Midnight.
We’ll be off to the race site on Thursday so please bring any questions or changes to packet pickup on Saturday, June 21. Parking is limited at the lodge so please arrive early and if possible car pool with your friends.
Sunday, June 22 — Mohican Endurance Festival
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- Half: 1.2mi Swim (5k Run) — 56mi Bike — 13.1mi Run
- 7:30am — Women’s Mini Triathlon
- 7:40am — Men’s Mini Triathlon
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint, Olympic)
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
- 8:10am — Half Triathlon
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Mohican Lodge & Conference Centre
- Saturday, June 21 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, June 22 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 200+lbs
- over 40 & 200+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint & Olympic distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint, Olympic and half distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner), each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
The half triathlon and duathlon will have a bike aid station at the end of their first lap at the bike turn around on Goon Road (entrance to the Mohican Lodge). Infinit Nutrition and Water will be available in bottles and to re-fill your own bottles. There will be Coke, bananas, cookies, BOOM Energy Gel and pretzels available too. There are NO bike aid stations for the mini, sprint or olympic distance races.
On the run there will be aid stations located approx every mile with Infinit Nutrition, Water, Coke, bananas, cookies, BOOM Energy Gel and pretzels.
Liquid Lifestyles Swimming – The Official Swim Partner of HFP Racing / www.LiquidLifestyles.com
Liquid Lifestyles Swimming has partnered with HFP Racing to bring you venue-specific training clinics designed to maximize your success and racing experience at each of their open water and pool events! Both beginner and advanced swimmers will benefit from the specialized swim instruction and detailed course preview. Triathlon specific skills such as sighting and navigational techniques, pack swimming, drafting techniques, buoy turns, entry and exit strategies, tempo training and stroke mechanics will be covered! Q&A will follow. Create lasting improvements in your technique, performance and satisfaction this season with Liquid Lifestyles Premier Swim Instruction! All participants should be proficient at swimming 200 yds. continuously and comfortable in deep water