The third stop on the FIT Family Series presented by Go Fast Multisport is at the beautiful Caesar Creek State Park on July 12-13. Triathletes will be treated to swim courses in the beautiful Caesar Creek Lake. Duathletes will start off with a fast out and back run within the park. The bike courses are described as rolling on mostly winding country roads surrounding the park. The final run is an out and back run that features a long section across the old dam levy on gravel roads. [GET REGISTERED]
Online registration closes at Noon on July 10th.
Water Quality Advisory Alert – Just as in 2013, the beach is OPEN but an advisory has been posted for those Children and Elderly as of July 3rd, 2014. This advisory WILL NOT change the July 13 Caesar Creek Triathlon in anyway. However, if the advisory is not lifted the July 12 Kidz Triathlon will be changed to a duathlon. We’ll have any updates on our Facebook page.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Make sure to go to http://www.hfpracing.com/events/fit/caesarcreek/course.htm and print off a course map if you need one. There will be NO course map copies at the race site. We will only have the maps on our race results monitors at the registration area.
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/faq.htm for most of the important questions pertaining to the event.
FIRST TIMER OR JUST UNFAMILIAR WITH THE USA TRIATHLON RULES?
Go to http://www.hfpracing.com/race-rules.htm for more information.
ALSO CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR A HANDY CHECKLIST
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Saturday, July 12 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Saturday, July 12 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (3:30pm–4:30pm) for Sunday courses and races
Sunday, July 13 — Caesar Creek Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 8:00am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 9:15am — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
- 7:30am — Mini Women’s start
- 7:40am — Mini Men’s start
- 7:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 8:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Caesar Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, July 12 from 6:00am–9:00am (Kidz Only)
- Saturday, July 12 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, July 13 from 6:00am–7:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
Liquid Lifestyles Swimming – The Official Swim Partner of HFP Racing / www.LiquidLifestyles.com
Liquid Lifestyles Swimming has partnered with HFP Racing to bring you venue-specific training clinics designed to maximize your success and racing experience at each of their open water and pool events! Both beginner and advanced swimmers will benefit from the specialized swim instruction and detailed course preview. Triathlon specific skills such as sighting and navigational techniques, pack swimming, drafting techniques, buoy turns, entry and exit strategies, tempo training and stroke mechanics will be covered! Q&A will follow. Create lasting improvements in your technique, performance and satisfaction this season with Liquid Lifestyles Premier Swim Instruction! All participants should be proficient at swimming 200 yds. continuously and comfortable in deep water