Deer Creek Fall Challenge – LESS THAN 75 SPOTS REMAIN
Less than 75 spots remain for this last opportunity to race a multisport event in Ohio for 2014! We’re expecting over 750 participants in this season ending event. Come join this end of the season multisport party. [GET REGISTERED NOW].
Weather forecast is looking good for race weekend. High 70’s and low 50’s for next weekend is predicted. That is what we call perfect race conditions.
Participants, family, and friends will enjoy the spectator-friendly bike and run courses that are built for serious speed. Don’t miss the last official multisport event of the year on September 28, 2014 — the Deer Creek Fall Challenge. A distance for all ability levels; whether you’re getting ready for a fall half Ironman distance race or looking for a great course for your first triathlon, is the race for you. Deer Creek State Park is located just 20 miles southwest of Columbus off I-71 at the Mount Sterling exit.
Join us in the last weekend of September at the Deer Creek Fall Challenge! End your racing season on a high note at this outstanding athlete-friendly event.
Located in the heart of Ohio’s agricultural country, Deer Creek State Park is one of central Ohio’s vacation showplaces. A collage of meadows and woodlands surround the scenic reservoir. This 2,337-acre resort park features a modern lodge, cottages, campground, golf course, swimming beach and boating for outdoor enthusiasts.
Sunday, September 28 — Deer Creek Fall Challenge
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- Half: 1.2mi Swim (5k Run) — 56mi Bike — 13.1mi Run
- 8:30am — Women’s Mini Triathlon
- 8:40am — Men’s Mini Triathlon
- 8:50am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint, Olympic, Half)
- 8:50am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 9:00am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
- 9:10am — Half Triathlon
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Deer Creek State Park Beach Area
- Saturday, September 27 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, September 28 from 7:00am–8:30am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
USA Triathlon Rule 3.2a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete’s age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 200+lbs
- over 40 & 200+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint, Olympic & half distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint, Olympic and half distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner); each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher medal and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).