The 3rd annual Mohican Endurance Festival will be on Sunday, June 26 and feature a Mini, Sprint, Olympic & Half distance triathlon and duathlon. All events will start and finish at the beautiful Pleasant Hill Lake Park in Perrysville, Ohio. Online registration closes Friday, June 24th at Midnight.
Triathletes will start and finish their swim from the beach at Pleasant Hill Lake while duathletes will be enjoying an opening run within the park. Following the opening swim or run participants will take on bike courses that feature the challenging terrain surrounding the Pleasant Hill Lake. Participants will finish their epic event with a challenging run within Pleasant Hill Lake Park scenic park roads.
Saturday, June 25
- HFP Course Talk and Preview @ 2:00pm — for all Sunday courses and races
- P.R. Multisport & Swim Clinic 3–4:15pm — Details and registration | More info
Sunday, June 26 — Mohican Endurance Festival
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (2mi Run) — 22k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (2mi Run) — 44k Bike — 10k Run
- Half: 1.2mi Swim (2mi Run) — 54mi Bike — 13.1mi Run
- 6:00–7:30am — Transition area open
- 7:30am — Mini Triathlon
- 7:40am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint, Olympic)
- 7:45am — Sprint Triathlon
- 7:50am — Olympic Triathlon
- 7:55am — Half Triathlon
HFP Racing Swim Start Procedure (Mini, Sprint, Olympic & Half)
As indicated in the above schedule each division will be called to the start line based on their age or division. We will send off each wave 3 participants at a time every 3 seconds. This allows for better flow and safety during the swim portion of the race. It is very important for participants to be ready to entry the start corral when called to the start line so please plan accordingly.
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Pleasant Hill Lake Park
- Saturday, June 25 from 12:00pm–5:00pm
- Sunday, June 26 from 6:00am–7:15am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
- Age Group — 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- Elite Open* — Amateur 15-39 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Master* — Amateur 40-49 years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Elite Grand Master* — Amateur 50+ years old, has chance to finish in top 10 overall
- Clydesdale — Males racing weight groups in two age groups:
- under 40 & 220+lbs
- over 40 & 220+lbs
- Athena — Females racing weights group, not age group — 150lbs+
- Aquabike — racing only the swim and bike portions only (no running)
*The elite divisions are only for the sprint & Olympic distance triathlon or duathlon participants. Those competing in these divisions are not eligible for age group awards.
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon or duathlon we offer a relay division for our sprint, Olympic and half distance triathlons and duathlons. Relay teams consist of three (3) members (1 swimmer, 1 biker, 1 runner), each member will complete one segment of the race (2 members for duathlon teams). Each team member will exchange their timing chip bracelet at their assigned bike rack. There are NO age groups in this division.
NUTRITION ON THE COURSE – VERY IMPORTANT
On the bike: For those competing in the Half distance duathlon or triathlon there is ONLY one aid station located at the end of the bike lap just before the entrance of the transition. These aid stations are “neutral” aid stations and will offer refill (Infinit Nutrition) for your bottles OR bike bottles of water. You may also provide a “SPECIAL NEEDS” bag (ask for bags during packet pick-up) with your specific drink (no glass) or other nutritional requirements. Granola bars, COKE, bananas and pretzels available will also be available. Special Needs bags will not be accepted after 7:00am on Race Day.
On the run: There will be Infinit Nutrition, COKE and Water in cups at Transition Exit, Mile 1 and Mile 1.55 of the out & back run course. Runners will pass by each station twice. Additionally, there will be granola bars, bananas and pretzels at Transition Exit aid station. There will be a Special Needs table at the Transition Exit aid station for your own nutrition.
All finishers will receive a handsome finisher buckle (size based on distance conquered) and the top three in each division will receive custom awards (including relay teams).
P.R. MULTISPORT & SWIM CLINIC $25
Race Coaching Expertise ~ Through Education and Years of Experience!
P.R. Multisport is proud to partner with HFP Racing to host the on-site swim and triathlon clinics at select events, for beginner to advanced triathletes. Don’t miss out on gaining the edge and insights from our over 35 years in training and racing Multisport with many successes! Our goal is to HELP you to achieve your personal multisport goals with speed, safely, and having fun along the way, in reaching your potential and reaching your own PR.
We will cover:
- Technique discussion on fundamentals and how to apply them, with video examples!
- On-site in-water swim course talk and training
- Race and triathlon training tactics for all 3 sports + transitioning
- PLUS: Q&A from you! All you need to know
The PR Multi-sport Swim and Tri clinics are from 3:00–4:15 Saturday, pre-race day, right after the course talk!
These swim and tri clinics are not meant to be a race type of clinic where you will swim too much — you will learn a ton, but still remain fresh for your Sunday race day!
You will be able to take many of the tips you will learn for the swim, bike and transitions to your race day immediately, and also add them into your training plan to help you get faster at future events!
We hope to see you there — sign up soon or you can drop in ‘day of’ with $25 cash, check or credit card at the clinic, near the packet pick up area at the PR MULTI-SPORTS COACHING Red Tent.
— Daniel & Adam
Read some client testimonials
About the Coaches and Coaching Philosophy
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- Course Map Links
- Directions on how to get to Pleasant Hill Lake Park.
- Lodging in and around Mohican.
- HFP Racing registration policies.
- FAQ’s for HFP Racing events.
- USA Triathlon common rule violations.
- Race weekend checklist.
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director