ABOUT THE PARK – NEW VENUE FOR 2016
Located on Lake Erie approximately ¼ of a mile to the west of the city, this park was donated by the Bessie Sherod Family — a founding family of Vermilion. Featuring green space, trees, natural areas and beaches, Sherod overlooks the breathtaking Lake Erie. This park boasts 2 ball diamonds, 2 picnic shelters, 2 playgrounds, a soccer field and a walking track.
Online Registration Closes: August 19, 2016 – Midnight EST
Saturday, August 20 — HFP Course Talk and Preview
- (2:00pm) for Sunday courses and races
Saturday, August 20 — P.R. Multisport & Swim Clinic
- 3:00–4:30pm at registration tent area / REGISTER
Saturday, August 20 — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon*
Age on December 31st of this year
- (Ages 10 & under) 100y Swim — 5k Bike — ½mi Run
- (Ages 11–15) 200y Swim — 10k Bike — 1mi Run
*Duathlon starts with a ¼mi Run (Ages 10 & under) or a ½mi Run (Ages 11–15)
Sunday, August 21 — Vermilion Harbour Triathlon & Duathlon
- Mini: 250y Swim (2mi Run) — 7mi Bike — 2mi Run
- Sprint: 750m Swim (5k Run) — 20k Bike — 5k Run
- Olympic: 1500m Swim (5k Run) — 40k Bike — 10k Run
- 2:00pm — Transition area opens for Kidz races
- 3:00pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
- 4:15pm — Kidz Triathlon & Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
- 5:30–7:00am — Transition area open, packet pickup, body marking, chip pickup
- 7:00am — Mini Women’s start
- 7:10am — Mini Men’s start
- 7:20am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
- 7:20am — Sprint Triathlon Waves
- 7:30am — Olympic Triathlon Waves
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Sherod Park Beach Area
- Saturday, August 20 from 10:00am–3:00pm
- Sunday, August 21 from 5:30am–7:00am
There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION — packet pickup ONLY!
All participants may park for FREE at Sherod Park next to the transition area (US 6 & Coen Rd.,Vermilion OH 44089).
RACE DAY CONCESSIONS
Grace United Methodist Church will be on hand on Sunday providing concessions during the race starting at 6:00am through noon. Bring CASH as they will not be accepting credit cards. Additionally, at 9:00am they will be doing a praise and worship service next to the Sherod Park beach pavilion. See you there.
P.R. MULTISPORT & SWIM CLINIC $25
Race Coaching Expertise ~ Through Education and Years of Experience!
P.R. Multisport is proud to partner with HFP Racing to host the on-site swim and triathlon clinics at select events, for beginner to advanced triathletes. Don’t miss out on gaining the edge and insights from our over 35 years in training and racing Multisport with many successes! Our goal is to HELP you to achieve your personal multisport goals with speed, safely, and having fun along the way, in reaching your potential and reaching your own PR.
We will cover:
- Technique discussion on fundamentals and how to apply them, with video examples!
- On-site in-water swim course talk and training
- Race and triathlon training tactics for all 3 sports + transitioning
- PLUS: Q&A from you! All you need to know
Read some client testimonials
About the Coaches and Coaching Philosophy
SATURDAY WAVE START TIMES
3:00pm — Kidz Duathlon (Ages 11–15)
3:05pm — Kidz Triathlon (one at a time starting with age 15)
KIDZ 10 & UNDER
4:15pm — Kidz Duathlon (Ages 10 & under)
4:20pm — Kidz Triathlon (One at a time starting with age 10)
SUNDAY WAVE START TIMES
5:30-7:00am — TRANSITION OPEN
7:00am — ALL women in Mini Triathlon
7:10am — All men in the Mini Triathlon
7:15am — All Duathletes (Mini, Sprint and Olympic)
7:15am — Sprint Triathlon Elite Men, Men 29 & under
7:18am — Sprint Triathlon Men 30-39, Clydesdale
7:21am — Sprint Triathlon Men 40-49
7:24am — Sprint Triathlon Men 50+, Sprint Relay Team, Aquabike Men
7:27am — Sprint Triathlon Women, Aquabike Women
7:33am — Olympic Triathlon Elite Men,, Men 29 & under
7:36am — Olympic Triathlon Men 30-39, Clydesdale
7:39am — Olympic Triathlon Men 40-49
7:42am — Olympic Triathlon Men 50+, Olympic Relay Team, Aquabike Men
7:45am — Olympic Triathlon Women, Aquabike Women
**Your Age Group wave is your USA Triathlon age based on 12/31/15
HFP Racing Swim Start Procedure (ALL Races)
As indicated in the above schedule each division will be called to the start line based on their age or division. We will send off each wave 3 participants at a time every 3 seconds.
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- Course Map Links (NEW COURSE)
- Directions on how to get to Sherod Park.
- Lodging in and around Vermilion.
- HFP Racing registration policies.
- FAQ’s for HFP Racing events.
- USA Triathlon common rule violations.
- Race weekend checklist.
GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND.
Shannon Kurek, Race Director
aka HFP Man